Saturday, April 21, 2007

I Think I Can...

We were running all around the island today. One of the fun things we did was introduce ourselves to the Oahu model rocket club, who launch rockets every month at Windward Community College.

This rather large rocket had a very interesting launch as it "chugged" on the launch pad, as if it were hesitant about flying. Rightly so I suppose, because the wind was high and the rocket's recovery system did not deploy properly. I also lost my rocket today to a failed recovery system (got half of it back, but the body detached from the parachute at apogee).

Oh well, I met a bunch of great new people and now have an excuse to buy another rocket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice video of my rocket rich! hope the next launch goes better for my long ones.