Thursday, September 21, 2006

Along The Way Home...


Meet my new friend Alex.


Alex was on his way home to Waipahu after dropping off a family member at the nursing home when he ran out of gas. Alex told me he ran out of gas around 1pm. I found him at 6:15pm! I was flabbergasted!

I happened to have a bottle of "Emergency Rescue Fuel" with me, which we put into his van. He crawled in and tried to start it, but after his earlier attempts to get the thing going, he had drained the battery! Fortunately he had some jumper cables so we jumped his battery and it started right up.

I went over to shake his hand and say goodbye. I had a hard time understanding everything he was saying. The freeway was loud and he had a heavy accent, but he seemed genuinely moved by the help God had brought him. There was a cross on his neck and hanging from his rear view mirror. I wonder if he was praying. When I was driving home today, I just felt like I had to stay in the right lane.

He told me he had to get to Waipahu to pick up his 4 kids. I showed him pictures of my kids. We shook hands and and said our goodbyes. He asked for a business card and I gave him one of my "Spread The Word" ones.

Maybe I'll hear from Alex again sometime. I think it is kinda ironic that he ended up in my blog titled "The Fuel Depot".

3 comments:

Sandy Fewell said...

After reading this, I am so proud to call you my son, but Jesus is so much prouder to call you HIS CHILD. Thank you for being obedient to His leading.

Bolo said...

Hah, Fuel Depot, indeed!

Anonymous said...

Now this is what it means to be led by the Spirit down on the level where the rubber meets the road! God will never allow Himself to be without good Samaritans!

Right on Rich! Fewell is a GAS!