Friday, October 13, 2006

(... cricket chirping ...)

Yes, yes, I know it has been a while since I blogged.

I have been on vacation this week and have taken leave of all my regular duties, which apparently included blogging! Don't know why, but just haven't had much to say this week.

I have still been very active with ham radio, and I have gone to the archery range several times this week, including this morning. Interestingly, every time I go, there are more people there than the last time. I think the word is getting out about this new range.

Today is my 40th birthday! Imagine that. I was in my 30s when I went to bed last night and when I woke up I was in my 40s! I think I'm gonna have to see a doctor about this state of affairs. Entirely unacceptable.

Em and I have been discussing what chacterized my 30s and how my 40s are going to be. One thing I have felt lately is that I care less and less about what people think of me. I am by no means immune to others opinions, but I have found that I am quite willing to let others have their opinions and still live my life and have my own opinions as I see fit. Is that a sign of maturity? Hurray! I think I'm finally getting out of puberty!

Even this blog and the general trend in my life now-a-days to live an open life is evidence of that. I like how it feels. Today as I write this I am sitting in Starbucks and I'm planning to be here for a while. Mark Olmos used to always ask me a question,..."Who are you becoming?" he would ask. I think I'm gonna mull that question for a while. Who AM I becoming? What am I holding on to that I should let go of? Where does Christ want me to be going? Am I letting Him be Lord of every area of my life? Am I developing a deeper character? Do I value other people and am I taking every opportunity to show them love? Is my family getting enough of me and my time and efforts? Am I making a difference at work, at home, at church, in my circle of friends?

Good questions. I'm gonna think about them a while.

Aloha!

Peace, Love and Deep Thoughts,

Rich

No comments: